A Central Gauteng Cycling Initiative brought to you by www.PTSCoach.com
1st KIDS RACE: THE MARKER CHALLENGE
8 markers placed around the track, 2 at each corner of the track. 1 at bottom and one at top 10 meters further on 2 blocks. Kids must race from one to the other in as fast a time as possible. Focus is to go under first marker at bottom of track and over top of marker at top of track. Task is judged on completion of task without putting foot down and not missing a marker.
1st ADULT RACE: 5 LAP SCRATCH WITH HANDICAP
Ladies and juniors only need to do 4 laps.
2nd KIDS RACE: HANDICAP LE MANS START 2 LAPS
Riders line up in middle of field without bikes. Bikes are lined up by the organisers in a handicap fashion. Slowest rider from 1st exercise has bike closest to start/finish line. Kids line up at that point in the middle of the field. Bikes are placed at 10m intervals down the length of the track. Every 10 seconds a kid is let go to fetch his/her bike, mount the bike and ride 2 laps of the track. First rider to the line wins
2ND ADULTS RACE: 10 LAPS, 2MAN
Riders paired up based on balancing teams’ abilities. Second rider gets position for team. Second rider gets position for team. Teach skills around awareness and team work. Numbers 1 – 20 to be drawn out of a hat at officials’ station.
3RD KIDS RACE: OBSTACLE FIGURE 8 TT
Rider to complete two figure 8 loops without touching a cone then hold a track stand for 10 seconds before being allowed to sprint off to complete one lap of the track as fast as possible. Race is judged on riding style
3RD ADULTS RACE: TEAM TT
Split field on either side of track. Last rider gets time for team over a 10km event. Teams to be split via selection process.
4TH & FINAL: BIG BROTHER HANDICAP 10 LAP (time permitting)
Each rider gets a ‘big brother’ to assist them with a 10-lap motor paced ride. No pushing but lots of encouragement is allowed. Winner is judged as first rider across the line. A handicap is set by results of first event with slowest rider only having to complete 8 laps while fastest rider will have to complete 10 laps
23 Feb 2019 30 March 2019 27 April 2019
There will be a Coaching Session for youths in the morning before each of the Youth League Race programs
Basic cycling skills Coaching
- Any youth with their own bike. Any bike as long as you fit on it and it works.
- Please make sure tires are inflated, chains oiled and brakes working.
- Coaching will focus on basic cycling and handling skills. (like Primary Schools program)
- There will be some fun races for normal bikes in the afternoon as well.
- Your qualified coaches will be Steve Saunders, Bennie Moqumo and Alex Limburg. Assisted by Odelle Joubert.
- Contact Eddie Roller 082 5574667 (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book your spot.
Track Skills Coaching
- This is for youths that can already ride a bike and would like to give Track Cycling a go.
- Riders will not be allowed to race on track bikes in the afternoon if they have not at least done one track skills course and the coach feels that they are competent.
- Bike Rentals are available but limited to the first 10 riders. Smaller sizes are limited.
- Jeremy Martins, qualified level 2 coach and ex pro cyclist will be in charge here.
- Steve Saunders will be assisting here
- Contact Jeremy on 072 059 9490 to confirm arrangements.
- 10:30 Arrival at Hector Norris Park
- 10:30 – 11:00 Bike Check
- 11:00 Skill Coaching Starts – please be on time
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch break | Finalise entries
- 14:00 – 17:00 Races
R50.00 per Rider. Includes coaching and races
R10.00 per person for Gate Entry Fee
- Helivac Paramedic on duty
- Bring: lunch, water bottle, sunblock, camping chair (if required) & a cooler box – it is going to be a long day.
- There is a tuck-shop at HNP with some cold drinks, chips etc.
- The Grand stand and grass is shaded in the afternoon. Mornings may be hot next to the track.
- Most of kiddies coaching will be done around shaded area.
No Helmet- No Ride. Bring Closed shoes, Slops will not be allowed.
If you would like to be added to the CGC/HNP-Track Cycling mailing list, follow this link to upload your information http://eepurl.com/dFx4ZD
Contact Sponsor: PTS Coach email@example.com Steve Saunders | Odelle Joubert