DAY 1: 24th June 2019
• Introduction to disciplines • Coaching styles • Basic risk assessment • Entry level bike fit (Practical) • Introduction to sports science • Group management.
(Normally this is a 2 day course however when run in conjunction with L2 we need to make sure that we don’t provide death by presentation).
Also It would be good if the attendees had opportunity to reflect and come to the L2 with good questioning and bringing clear thoughts to the course.
DAY 2: 25th June 2019
• Follow up on Day 1, Level 1.
DAY 3: 26th June 2019
Introduction to L2:
• Advanced bike set up and equipment selection(Road/Track) • Planning and periodisation 1 & 2
DAY 4: 27th June 2019
Physiology and Recovery L2:
• Strength and conditioning for Cycling 2 and Practical • Manual therapy for the cyclist • Nutrition
DAY 5: 28th June 2019
Introduction to Psychology, Planning and Review
• Personal Excellence • Coaching the Coach • Establishing Coach and Athlete Pathways
DAY 6: 29th June 2019
Delivery and Assessment
• Road and Track Endurance Conditioning • Field Testing • Practical Delivery • Where to Now • Course Close