This is the second year that the Performance Through Science Team and Cycling Australia will be delivering the level 1 & 2 Coaching Course in South Africa. Join Greg Meyland and Donna Rae Szalinski (both Level 3 Coaches) as they provide in-depth information on the physiology and physiological assessment of a cyclist, performance monitoring and assessment, sports psychology in cycling, advanced racing skills, race preparation, injuries, recovery and crisis management.
The course is interactive and practical which will cover the advanced principles of coaching. Being dynamic and consisting of face-to-face training, in-depth discussions, presentations, practical workshop activities and practical coaching.
At the start of the coaching course, you will receive all the manuals, resources and documents that you need during the training. You will receive feedback on your progress throughout the course and will be encouraged to develop a personal coaching action plan and coaching philosophy.
DAY 1: 24th June 2019
• Introduction to disciplines • Coaching styles • Basic risk assessment • Entry level bike fit (Practical) • Introduction to sports science • Group management.
(Normally this is a 2 day course however when run in conjunction with L2 we need to make sure that we don’t provide death by presentation).
Also It would be good if the attendees had opportunity to reflect and come to the L2 with good questioning and bringing clear thoughts to the course.
DAY 2: 25th June 2019
• Follow up on Day 1, Level 1.
DAY 3: 26th June 2019
Introduction to L2:
• Advanced bike set up and equipment selection(Road/Track) • Planning and periodisation 1 & 2
DAY 4: 27th June 2019
Physiology and Recovery L2:
• Strength and conditioning for Cycling 2 and Practical • Manual therapy for the cyclist • Nutrition
DAY 5: 28th June 2019
Introduction to Psychology, Planning and Review
• Personal Excellence • Coaching the Coach • Establishing Coach and Athlete Pathways
DAY 6: 29th June 2019
Delivery and Assessment
• Road and Track Endurance Conditioning • Field Testing • Practical Delivery • Where to Now • Course Close
On successful completion of the six days, you will then embark on a period of self- and mentor-directed learning and assessment tasks.
For more information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or any one of the PTS Team.
Looking forward to hosting you at the 2019 Cycling Australia Level Coaching Course