The Performance Through Science Team
is excited to announce the launch of our 2019 Juniors and Junior Ladies Team
Juniors and Junior Ladies will have the exclusive opportunity to be selected for the 2019 PTS Team subject to certain criteria. Aside from attending the September Selection camp, you will need to submit Monthly Wattbike test results and attend the Team Training camp in January
The training camps and selection is open to second year U17s and first year Juniors on a first come, first served basis.
Successful applicants will receive full support from the PTS Structure. This will include Coaching, oversight from our team of Sport Scientists and Bio kineticists, Bike Fitments, PTS Nutrition, Team kit, race entries and possible selection for the 2019/2020 European Tour.
The Selection Camp will take place from the 1st October 2018 to the 5th October 2018
Venue: Performance Through Science Head Office, 1 Madison avenue, Aspen Business Park, Aspen Lakes, Johannesburg.
The camp will include 5 full days of training, assessments as well as education around Rider etiquette, Race Rules, Nutrition, Training with Heart Rate, Training with Power.
The Selection camp is designed by renowned High Performance Coaches Bosseau Boshoff and Steve Saunders.
The cost of the course includes accommodation, catering, training kit, supplements as well as all the course material.
Cost is R9 500 per person.
Selection camp attendance need to be confirmed by the 21st September 2018
Please find some FAQ regarding the Selection Camp as well as the 2019 Team
Costs of the monthly tests leading up to Team Selection to be borne by parents if they cannot fit into the time scale of testing we have made available. Testing will happen during the first training camp and then on a monthly basis at the PTS HQ and satellite centers (TBC)
- We will use the UCI WCC Test protocol as a basis for comparison of performance both within an individual over time and between individuals (see attached)
- A secondary test (20min FTP test) will be administered on a different day – This requires a 30 min warm up followed by a 5 min cooling down period before attempting the 20’ FTP test
- Body scan analysis to be done twice a year
- Bike Set up once a year
- Biokineticist assessment twice a year – look at range of motion and any imbalances
December Training Camp
Postponed due to rider interest in SA Track Champs. We will move the camp to early 2019 at a date suitable to majority of the riders and PTS as a company
The following 12 races will be covered by the PTS Sponsorship
- SA Champs
- Ride for Sight
- Berge en Dale
- Emperors Palace
- Tour Durban
- 100 Cycle Challenge
- Jock Tour
- Race for Victory
- Tshwane Classic
Team Management will be lead by High Performance Coach and Team Manager Bosseau Boshoff. A Dedicated Team Manager for the Ladies Team will announced at a later date.
TThe Objective of the Team is to give the riders the following:
- Experience racing and living within a professionally run team such that when they race overseas the experience is not foreign, this includes lifestyle habits like
- maintenance of own equipment
- living in communal quarters
- sharing of chores
- manners and respect towards management, support staff, other riders, race officials etc
- basic budgeting and
- time management
- development of rider skills and fitness to be able to handle the intensity and loading of international racing environments
- To gain results internationally and thereby securing points for South Africa at International invitationals, World Champs and Olympics.
- Long term goal is 2024 Olympic gold medals from these riders in Road, Track or BMX
Riders to be Coached by the Team of PTS Coaches
- Riders to earn their place in the team
- Riders to be proactive in training uploads and year planning.
- Riders to have a healthy winning attitude and to be humble.
The Following will be supplied by PTS
- Team race kit – Bib, jersey, Socks, Helmet.
- Team casual gear
- Transport from PTS hub to races and back
- on race days
- An allowance of PTS Nutrition product per month
Like our page on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for expert advice and inspiration.